Ten Card Doubles - Whalley - RCL # 229
Ten Card Doubles
A variation of the regular team play designed to speed up the game and add an extra layer of strategy.
- The dealer shuffles the cards and deals ten cards each to the opponent to the left and to him/herself.
- Each of the players then divide the cards into two regular 4 card hands and give one to their partner and keep the other hand before discarding the remaining two cards to the crib.
- The player to the left of the dealer cuts the cards for the starter and play continues.
Strategy of the Game
- The ten card format presents more options for the dealer and opponent to the left.
- When dividing the cards the player must consider the current position on the board and where the first count is.
- Pegging becomes very important and the player who knows the contents of their partners hand must try to create pegging opportunities.
- The distibution of hands will create higher counts and shorten the game so players must maximize the points gained on each deal.
New players are always welcome. The cost of playing is between $5.00 and $7.00 CDN for an eight game tournament. Refreshments are available at all playing venues.